cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Files missing - won't sync - Mac OS

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have spent the past day and a half trying to sort a syncing problem.  The dropbox files that were on my personal dropbox account (three years worth of work) disappeared with the installation of desktop app combining accounts.  Yesterday, after hours online with twitter support and eventually chat - following the instructions given by your support teams, nothing has changed.  Although my account icon shows syncing there are no new events, the files are showing errors or not showing at all.  I see that there are several posts regarding syncing - is this a system problem and how are you going to get my files that were stored online back?  

Advise, please.

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Files missing - won't sync - Mac OS

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @cfleishm, welcome to the Dropbox Community and sorry to hear that you're still having trouble syncing your files. 

It sounds like you may be referring to two different accounts associated with two separate emails. 

For this reason, to make sure we cover most initial ground, could you please confirm if you've checked the events pages of both accounts? Do you see any relevant info regarding additions by any chance?

Keep us posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

As of yesterday (according to chat support)  the reset account at [personal information removed as per Community Guidelines] showed no old events.  The original dropbox contents simply disappeared online and are not seemingly totally messed up on desktop as well.  And that's the one that is creating a HUGE issue.  Thanks for response.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @cfleishm

In this case then, due to account-specific info needed to have a better look into this for you, I'd recommend continuing troubleshooting via email. 

I found your support request and have passed your comments along to the member of my team reviewing this for you. 

As soon as they have more info, they'll get back to you with the next relevant steps. 

Let us know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Need more support?