cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Files not showing on oculus quest

Files not showing on oculus quest

Carnage15987
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Ive linked my account to the headset but none of my files are showing even though they are supported file types. i asked oculus and was told to ask here because they said it wasnt an issue with the headset but with the service.

26 Replies 26

rmanke
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same problem for me and a friend on the Oculus Go.

I don't think that not using Dropbox to put files onto your Oculus should be considered a workaround.  If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.  A real workaround would be to get the files to appear in Dropbox.

efex
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is not a solution to the Oculus Gallery' sudden inability to read image files from dropbox. I as well contacted support, who blamed dropbox. I then made a new drop box account (same problem) and gave my friend my log in info and the same problem showed for him. Folders show but no files. He then told me his dropbox to gallery was broken a wek or two ago as well, but he thought it was just him. I wonder if anybody from oculus reads the forum?

rmanke
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Copying files manually to your Oculus is not a real workaround.  It's an abandoning of Dropbox.

NugentMarc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I came up with a better solution 🙂 which is working really well for me.

Download the app "BubbleUpnP" on your phone. Its available on the Playstore and is very highly rated. This app acts as a dnla server, which your oculus can detect in Gallery and play media files (and the files play no problem).

But most importantly it can also connect to your dropbox account and stream these files from your phone. So it essentially acts as a go between.

All dropbox files will now be streamed by your phone to your oculus. Video files take slightly longer to buffer, but it's not so slow as to be a deal breaker.

The app itself is free, but to be able to stream dropbox files you've to purchase the full licence (only €3.99).

It can work quite nicely as a temporary measure until oculus get the issue sorted.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thank you so much for posting about this @NugentMarc

So helpful. :grin: Happy to have you in our Community. 

Cheers. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Willnelso
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Any ideas for ios?

CannarWilm
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
One other possible workaround is to log into Dropbox on the browser and use the web app.

CallumDoesStuff
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi so I’m trying to transfer some recorded video files from my oculus quest to my Dropbox. I’ve linked my account with my Dropbox one but I can’t move the files in one and another. I desperately need help so if you could I would be very grateful!

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @CallumDoesStuff!

Thanks for posting about this. 

I moved the topic you created in this discussion, because we have several helpful users offering workarounds for this third party app. You can even write back to them asking for clarifications. 

As this thread explains, currently there is no way for Oculus and Dropbox to directly synchronize and it is not recommended, but I am confident this thread you will find a workaround to manually export and finally import your videos to Dropbox.

Please get back to our Community with any feedback or questions. 

Thank you. Have a nice week!  

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

rmanke
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Just a quick question... Is this app not developed or supported by Dropbox itself?

Has it been discontinued?
Need more support?