cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files not syncing between computers

Files not syncing between computers

New member | Level 2

I use a dropbox plus account.

I have two Apple computers, dropbox on both. Both use the same dropbox account. On computer 1 all of the dropbox files can are visible, synced, and CAN BE ACCESSED by (1) dropbox.com, (2) applications, and (3) via the "finder" application.  On computer 2 most of the dropbox files are visible, synced, and are accessible by the three above methods; but, some of the files, while accessible in dropbox.com and are visible in "finder", ARE NOT ACCESSIBLE via "finder" or to applications, and are "grayed" out in "finder", but the files are apparently synced. The help for "grayed out files" did not assist.

The problem is actually worse than the simple case above.  I actually have 4 computers with multiple users on each.  Most of the files present no problem on any machine or for any user.  But there are a few files, specifically ones used by MoneyDance and by 1Password that present a real mish-mash of accessibility. 

I am running dropbox plus.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Re: File accessibility m

Dropboxer

Hi @Doug Rickman, thanks for messaging today!

I'm sorry to hear about this. If you're having issues with the files syncing between computers, could you check if the Dropbox desktop application is showing as up to date, or syncing, when you hover over the icon in the menu bar?

Do you use Smart Sync on the files, and are they online-only or local?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?