cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files not syncing on Dropbox Plus account

Files not syncing on Dropbox Plus account

testju
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

I'm a longtime Dropbox user and have just come back to work after a few weeks off to find that my 'work' Dropbox account (Plus) is no longer syncing. I have a personal account as well and that seems to be working ok so it would appear to be something related to the plus account specifically.

I use this account (contains approx 60G of files/folders) on 2 devices (Macbook pro and Mac mini) and have smart sync turned off so that all files should be present locally on both devices. I've tried updating/reinstalling Dropbox on both devices and that appeared to work momentarily on one of them before failing again and I've also tried signing in an out on both devices - I was able to do this on the Mac mini but it didn't improve anything, and I seem to be unable to sign out on the Macbook pro). I also tried exiting Dropbox, renaming the Dropbox folder on the Mac min and then starting Dropbox again to force Dropbox to create the folder anew. This got as far as recreating the folder structure but didn't sync any files (at least none that I could see). Both devices are currently stuck showing approx 150000 files to sync (this number is slightly different on both devices and doesn't change over time - and is clearly wrong on the Macbook pro, which was up to date a few days ago.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what my next step should be and would welcome any and all advice.

Thanks in advance,

Terry...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Files not syncing on Dropbox Plus account

testju
Helpful | Level 5

Hey Walter - I contacted Dropbox support by email and it turned out that the problem was due to a dodgy beta version of Dropbox that was installed (I had the early releases option checked in my settings apparently). Anyway, once I unchecked that and downloaded and reinstalled the latest stable version of Dropbox it all started working again.

Best regards,

Terry...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

testju
Helpful | Level 5

Should have added that I am also unable to open any of the files in the original/renamed Dropbox folder on the Mac mini, which despite the file sizes listed in the finder report 'Zero bytes on disk' when you inspect them using get info. So, it's like smart sync is involved somehow even though it was definitely disabled.

Terry...

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @testju; thanks for joining our Community and sorry to hear about this.

If syncing is still stuck on the same amount of files, can you send me a screenshot of the app's exact status as shown in your menu bar

Thanks a bunch, Terry!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

testju
Helpful | Level 5

Hey Walter - I contacted Dropbox support by email and it turned out that the problem was due to a dodgy beta version of Dropbox that was installed (I had the early releases option checked in my settings apparently). Anyway, once I unchecked that and downloaded and reinstalled the latest stable version of Dropbox it all started working again.

Best regards,

Terry...

View solution in original post

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?