cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What projects do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Files showing on Website, and in Phone App, but are not downloading to my Desktop

Explorer | Level 3

I have been using Dropbox for over 3 years with no issues until recently when I noticed that some of my files are not being downloaded to my Desktop or showing through the Desktop Dropbox application, but are showing that the files have been uploaded to the Dropbox server as they are showing up through the Dropbox Website and through my mobile app. 

Is this a known issue with a resolution?

I have plenty of space on all harddrives.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Files showing on Website, and in Phone App, but are not downloading to my Desktop

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @tim1283, I hope you're having a good day so far!

Is it possible that any of these files contain characters that would be incompatible with the OS on your computer? You can check out a full list of these characters from here.

This would prevent the files being able to sync to your computer, but still be visible in your account online and through the mobile app.

Otherwise, please let me know what your desktop app's current sync status is showing and the version you have installed.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Files showing on Website, and in Phone App, but are not downloading to my Desktop

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @tim1283, I hope you're having a good day so far!

Is it possible that any of these files contain characters that would be incompatible with the OS on your computer? You can check out a full list of these characters from here.

This would prevent the files being able to sync to your computer, but still be visible in your account online and through the mobile app.

Otherwise, please let me know what your desktop app's current sync status is showing and the version you have installed.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Yep, figured out it was the quotation marks from Apple OS to my Microsoft OS

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that @tim1283!

Feel free to give me a nudge here anytime, I'd be happy to help out.

I hope you have a great start to your week!

Daphne

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?