cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Missing Files

Files that I tried to move before didn't move, and the original folder is deleted. What can I do?

camillian96
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I have moved files to a new folder its been just under a month now and i have just realised that some of the files that i have moved over did not actually load. so i have thousands of files that i cannot locate. plus the old folder has now been deleted.

How do i get the files back?

Thank you in advance!

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @camillian96,

You can try the following:

Login to your dropbox account in preferred web browser. After that go to files section. In right pane locate following option изображение.png and select it. Try to find deleted entries (files/folders) and if you are lucky click the ellipsis on the same line. From the menu select "Restore". That's it.

Good luck. :wink:

Fiona
Dropboxer

Hey @camillian96. Did you manage to restore your files? Please note the Version History of a free or Plus Dropbox account is 30 days.

If not let us know. We will create a case number with you. 

(Hope you did! :slight_smile: )

Thanks!

[This post is closed due to inactivity.]

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Need more support?