cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files that disappear after being saved in the right folder

Files that disappear after being saved in the right folder

Guillaume11
New member | Level 2

Hello!

I find it really disappointing that I can't find an email address for Dropbox technical support.

Also, their chatbot seems to be a complete fool.

That said, last night I removed several .doc files from a Dropbox folder.

Then I put them back in the same place. Because I figured I'd take care of those files today, so I wanted to leave them there. I saw all the green check marks confirming that the files were back in the folder, and thus saved.

Today, they are gone (except for a handful, which I had not removed from the folder). What the hell?

Did this happen to you? Did you manage to get in touch with Dropbox technical support?

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply 1

Re: Files that disappear after being saved in the right folder

Rich
Super User II

@Guillaume11 wrote:

I find it really disappointing that I can't find an email address for Dropbox technical support.

Your support options are determined by your account level. Basic accounts don't have access to email support. They're limited to the self-help options that are available and posting on these forums. You can find the support options available to you on the Support page.

Today, they are gone (except for a handful, which I had not removed from the folder). What the hell?

Have you checked your Events page?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?