cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files transfer very slow

Files transfer very slow

Dropinthebox
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello everyone, 

We recently noticed a huge slow down in file transfers in two of our computers, the transfers are so slow sometimes transferring 30-40 PDF's no larger then 50Kb (some are actually in their 20's) can take hours and even a full day. We noticed this started happening about 1 month ago and it has been like this every since. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? We use Dropbox in our file system which makes it easier to save and share documents with everyone on the team but with more and more files being transferred the time to tackel this task is getting longer and longer. We have also transferred files from Dropbox to a flash drive and the speeds will no go over 4MB but it will go slower. Any suggestions on what it could be? I have checked all of the settings and we have no limit selected for both upload and download, computers are all connected via WiFi and this seems to be the only system that is slow as transferring files within the local computer is still very fast. The issue is only occuring when transferring files from a Dropbox folder into another Dropbox folder, any help would be very appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dropinthebox
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you very much for the reply, afer a ton of research I found the issue to be the WiFi! The internet worked great, all other programs worked great, but when transfering files from a Dropbox folder to another Dropbox folder it created the problem. I read a ton of forums that stated the NIC card could be the issue as it is not able to duplex and it slows the process down, this lead me to want to wire the network to see if it was the case and it sure was. I went from transferring files in the KB to transfering in MB and files are transfering in seconds not minutes. If anyone is having this or a similar issue I hope this thread helps you in any way. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Dropinthebox; how are you today?

From what I gather, you're noticing a latency when you move files from a folder within your Dropbox folder to another one - correct me I'm wrong please. 

Can you please forward me the desktop app's exact status as shown within your computer's system tray/menu bar so I can have a look into this matter? 

While we're at it, have you rebooted the affected computer since you first noticed this happening?

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Dropinthebox
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you very much for the reply, afer a ton of research I found the issue to be the WiFi! The internet worked great, all other programs worked great, but when transfering files from a Dropbox folder to another Dropbox folder it created the problem. I read a ton of forums that stated the NIC card could be the issue as it is not able to duplex and it slows the process down, this lead me to want to wire the network to see if it was the case and it sure was. I went from transferring files in the KB to transfering in MB and files are transfering in seconds not minutes. If anyone is having this or a similar issue I hope this thread helps you in any way. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Dropinthebox New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?