cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files unavailable from a new device

Files unavailable from a new device

adb72
New member | Level 2

I recently added a new PC to my account. Some of the files in my Dropbox folder are not available on the new PC. It shows the files but I receive an error message that the files are online when I try to access them. I can use these files on my other PC. Other files I can access without a problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled Dropbox, but it did not correct the problem. Has anyone had a similar problem or does anyone have a suggestion?

1 Reply 1

Re: Files unavailable from a new device

Rich
Super User II

@adb72 wrote:

Some of the files in my Dropbox folder are not available on the new PC. It shows the files but I receive an error message that the files are online when I try to access them.

Are you using Smart Sync? Have you right-clicked on a file and set it to Local, rather than Online-only?

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?