cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Files uploaded are not showing in shared members dropbox

Files uploaded are not showing in shared members dropbox

mbick78
Explorer | Level 4

I was given access to a shared dropbox folder.  I have added several documents to the shared folders.  I can see the people that it is all shared with, however, they cannot see the files on their end.  I have checked that the docs are in fact uploaded.  

7 Replies 7

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hello @mbick78, I hope you're well today!

Can you let me know how you uploaded the files to the shared folders? Eg. via the website, desktop app or mobile app?

Also, did you confirm if they were uploaded or not by checking if they are visible in your account online?

Looking forward to your reply!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mbick78
Explorer | Level 4

Sorry for the late response.  

I uploaded them from desktop.  I did so at my house, then accessed my dropbox at work.  It shows that the files are there.  I can click on them fro a different location and view the files.  It shows that there are 3 members with access to the folder, but the other members cannot see anything,  

Thanks

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi @mbick78, since the content is previewable from another device, it sounds like the files should be available on the website as well.

Could you ask the other members to clarify if they are having trouble finding the files directly from the web?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mbick78
Explorer | Level 4

I will ask.

Lusil
Dropboxer
No worries, @mbick78. Take as much time as you need, we will be around whenever you have any updates. 

Thanks again!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Pamela2001
New member | Level 2

@mbick78 wrote:

I was given access to a shared dropbox folder.  I have added several documents to the shared folders.  I can see the people that it is all shared with, however, they cannot see the files on their end.  I have checked that the docs are in fact uploaded.  

Hey @mbick78

Recalling the same issue that happened to my team mates, while we had been working on joint university project, the issue arose because of misconfiguration on my part. I resolved that by sharing public access of all intended material to my team mates, and like that! I suppose, this might be an issue!

mbick78
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you!  I will try that!

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?