cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files won't open

Files won't open

guest7
New member | Level 2

I tried to unsync my dropbox and now all of my files have been moved and I can't figure out where they went. Also I downloaded a document, saved it, closed it, then tried to open it again but I get the same message that my file has been moved but it was literally just created. I thought I unsynced dropbox so at least new files wouldn't be affected but they still are. If someone could please help me recover my files quickly that would be great.

1 Reply 1

Re: Files won't open

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @guest7; thanks for joining our Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

As I'm not quite sure what's happening, could you please send me a screenshot of the exact error you get so I can have a visual?

Also, could you clarify if you've uninstalled the app from your computer or if you just paused syncing or quit the app? 

Any additional information will be more than welcome! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?