cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox - web interface takes 20 seconds, often can't upload files

Firefox - web interface takes 20 seconds, often can't upload files

thinkstorm
Explorer | Level 3

In Firefox 92.0 (clean cache, no extensions, Enhanced Tracking Protection is off), the folder-tree-view on the left takes 10  seconds to load. The folder info on the right does not load at all, I have to click on a folder in the tree-view on the left first and then back to make it load.  In Chrome there is no delay.

Here is a .mp4 of the page loading in Firefox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/shcgr6qkl69f8wn/dropbox.com%20slow%20loading%20in%20firefox.mp4?dl=0

Here is a .mp4 of the same loading with the firefox network profiler (and the missing right-hand folder information): https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4ctcwgh6ed1p3q/dropbox.com%20loading%20on%20firefox%20-%20network%20profi...

5 Replies 5

Re: Firefox - web interface takes 20 seconds, often can't upload files

Rich
Super User II

@thinkstorm wrote:

In Firefox 92.0 (clean cache, no extensions, Enhanced Tracking Protection is off), the folder-tree-view on the left takes 10  seconds to load. The folder info on the right does not load at all ...

Both the folder tree and the main file list load completely for me in 3 seconds on Firefox 92.

I'd suggest launching it with an empty profile, as a test, to see what the load times are. Chances are it's something in the profile causing it. For example, I can't see thumbnails on Youtube, with no extensions and all cache cleared, but if I load Firefox with a new profile, they display perfectly (and I still haven't figured it out).

Launch Firefox with the "firefox --profilemanager" command and create a new profile. You can always go back to your original one when you're done testing.

thinkstorm
Explorer | Level 3

that was a good idea. But it didn't work 😉 same behavior still.  What seems to take a long time is loading a

div id="maestro-prompt-portal"

that shows "View Upgrade Options" (I'm on the Personal Plus plan). I don't know why this loads faster on Chrome but not on Firefox

Rich
Super User II

@thinkstorm wrote:

that shows "View Upgrade Options" (I'm on the Personal Plus plan).

That could be why I'm not seeing the issue then, I'm on Professional. I'll try it later with a Basic account (which I assume would see an upgrade message) and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Rich
Super User II

thinkstorm
Explorer | Level 3
Shucks. Seems to be a local problem.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

thinkstorm Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?