cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: First time with comments, kinda crappy TBH.

First time with comments, kinda crappy TBH.

steveisaacs
New member | Level 2

Shared  folder of images with a client, and they ended up using the commenting feature. Ok, fine, let's see how this goes.... Well, so far guys, not good. So I get an email for every comment with a link deeplinking me back to the asse. Ok, sure. But, if I just open up the folder in my Dropbox, there is literally no indication on what has a comment and what doesn't. Really?! I HAVE to be missing something, but in 2019 after dealing with about a thousand apps at this point in my life, I shouldn't be writing into a user forum to find out where a **bleep** comment indicator is. List view? Nothing. Thumbnail view? Nada. The only way I've found is to actually click into the detail view and hit the slidehow arrow to go image by image until I see one of her comments. I mean... is this actually how this functionality works?

3 Replies 3

Celeste
Dropboxer

Hi @steveisaacs, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

Could you check the bell icon on your account on the website (on the top right of the page by your avatar/profile picture)? Normally notifications on all activity, including comments by others on shared content, would show there alongside the file name and time the comment was made. 

When a new notification comes through you should see a red dot on that bell icon, and clicking on it will bring up a pop-up window window with the recent notifications - which you can then 'mark as read' if preferred.

If you do not see the notifications, could you try the same action from a different browser or in incognito/private browsing mode?

In regards to the emails you received, you can modify your email notification preferences from the Notification settings of your account online. 

You can also modify the notifications you receive on your linked devices with the steps provided here

Let me know if this helps and I await your update - thanks!

Celeste
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

steveisaacs
New member | Level 2

Yeah I see the notifications, although I think they were delayed, the first time I went I didnt see the bell active, but I do now.

But still think this UI is a bit weak in this resepct, sorry. Like look at this page - the image I have selected has a client comment, but there's nothing in this view that denotes it as any different than any of the other files. The only way I can see what was commented on is via the Notifications or slideshowing through.

Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 2.54.51 PM.png

Oh well - but thanks for replying!

Celeste
Dropboxer

Hi @steveisaacs, thank you for keeping me posted and for your feedback. 

I have made a note of your thoughts for our team to take into consideration moving forwards. 

If I can help with anything else do let me know. 

Have a great week ahead in the meantime!

Thanks!

Celeste
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Need more support?