cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing your storage is full issue.

Fixing your storage is full issue.

New member | Level 2

I have been using and promoted your product since 1999 when I started my programming classes. I have sent out 33 invitations of them 13 have become Dropbox customers and I have earned 11.25 Gigs of storage. Now I am a business owner fixing computers, servers, networking systems, and other electronics. We also recycle e-waste.

The biggest issue that my customers have is not backing up their computers and I am looking for a good online backup system for storage of their important data. I had planned on sending an invitation link to Dropbox to all of my customers, past, present, and future.

After all these years, (according to your system) I am now using 14.4 of 13.25 GB of your storage. I have done many things attempting to clean out the storage (all of the 14.4 GB’s) a total dump of the data.

WARNING THIS PROCESS WORKS!!! Please download all of the files before starting, just in case.

1. Logged in to on-line account.
  2. Paused the syncing indefinitely.
  3. Unshared any shared files.
  4. Unlinked all devices listed.
  5. Deleted everything in the All-Files tab.
  6. Clicked into Deleted Files, then permanently deleted the files in the Dropbox folder locally.
  7.  Uninstalled the Dropbox App.
  8. Re-installed the Dropbox App.
  9. Logged in to Dropbox.
  10. Problem fixed.  
  11. All of the 13.25 GB of storage is back.
1 Reply 1

Re: Fixing your storage is full issue.

Dropboxer

Hi @Roachient, thanks for joining the Community!

These steps should help users delete the files from their Dropbox account.

The only thing I'd like to mention is that there's no need to permanently delete files from the deleted files page, since those files don't take up quota on your account. Permanently deleting items only prevents them from being recovered at a later date.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?