cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Folder already on my dropbox cloud. How to copy that folder to dropbox folder on mac.

Folder already on my dropbox cloud. How to copy that folder to dropbox folder on mac.

martin_e_f
Explorer | Level 3

I am using selective sync. There is a folder on my dropbox cloud that is NOT sync to my dropbox folder on my mac. How can I get the folder and its contents to sync back to my mac dropbox folder?

Thanking you in anticipation.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Folder already on my dropbox cloud. How to copy that folder to dropbox folder on mac.

Elixir
Super User

Hello @martin_e_f, is the said folder selected for syncing in your mac? If not, you can select it by opening Dropbox Preferences (Click the Dropbox icon in your menubar → Click your profile/account on top right → then Preferences), go to Sync tab → and Choose folders.  More info here - https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/selective-sync-overview

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Elixir
Super User

Hello @martin_e_f, is the said folder selected for syncing in your mac? If not, you can select it by opening Dropbox Preferences (Click the Dropbox icon in your menubar → Click your profile/account on top right → then Preferences), go to Sync tab → and Choose folders.  More info here - https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/selective-sync-overview

View solution in original post

martin_e_f
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks so much. That seems to work ok.

Nice for you to take the time.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Need more support?