cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder analytics

Folder analytics

DJCdrop
Explorer | Level 3

If I send somene a private link to a folder, is it possible for me to know if they have 
1. Accessed the folder?
2. Viewed the files in the folder?
3. Downloaded the files in the folder?

If so, where, exactly,  can I viiew this information?

5 Replies 5

Re: Folder analytics

Mark
Super User II

It isnt possible I'm afraid - you will need to ask them.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

DJCdrop
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the reply Mark.. but who can I contact Dropbox support? I can  no longer find a way to do so..

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @DJCdrop, thanks for messaging today!

This information would only be available on a Dropbox Business team on the advanced plan, where the team admin would be able to check this information in the activity log.

If believe @Mark was referring to asking the user in question if they accessed the folder.

If you use a Dropbox Transfer, however, you will get some information about who downloaded it, and so on.

If you need any more details, feel free to message back!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

DJCdrop
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the reply Jay,

I created a test link to a private folder on my desktop where I have Dropbox, then sent that link to my phone email address, then clicked on the link, which then asked me did I want to open the link in dropbox, which I have installed on my phone.

Does this mean that the link can  only be accessed by the recipient of the link, if they too have dropbox installed on their phone, or is someone able to access and view the link I sent them, on Dropbox's site, without having to take the inconvenience of downloading the dropbox app and registering and setting up a Dropbox account, just to view the contents of the folder I sent them a link to, which not everyone will want to go to the bother of doing if they are not expecting the link..?

Jay
Dropboxer
When you say you created a link, was this using a shared link, or some other feature?

Depending on the link permissions, you can have it available to anyone who can access the link itself, so they won't need a Dropbox account.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?