cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder and its files repeatedly deleted within days! Why can't I get chat support?

Folder and its files repeatedly deleted within days! Why can't I get chat support?

Helpful | Level 6

First of all I am not blaming Dropbox!
I have a sub-sub folder named "Forms" which contains many pdf form files and few xls files in total of 50 files!

Since Mar 23rd this folder has been deleted 4 times!!!
I removed any device and connected apps except for 2 computers: mine and my wife's. It is not shared with others.
Today at 11.08 AM my wife called me (I was not at my computer) to show me that she was receiving desktop notifications of files deleting LIVE.
I have NO CLUE!!!
Strange that this is happening only to that folder!!!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

iR

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Chat Support

Helpful | Level 6

Thank you! about the "chat issue"

DB Support confirmed that the deletion was caused by an API connection.
I deleted the API now.

Thank you,

iR

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chat Support

Helpful | Level 6

It appears that I don't have the Chat Support feature enabled even though I have Professional Account!
Any idea?

Thanks!

iR

Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @RobertoMaria.

The first thought that came to mind was in case this folder was a shared folder (as anyone with editing permissions can remove content from the folder). 

I’d recommend reviewing this article by Jay who lists a few suggestions as to why files may be deleted. 

However, in order to further investigate, we’d have to continue the investigation via email. I was able to locate your open request from my end and have passed your comments along to the member of my team reviewing this for you. When they have more info, they’ll get back to you. 

Finally, please note that I moved your second post here so as to keep troubleshooting efficient. 

As such, if you have a Dropbox Professional account which is linked to a Dropbox Business account, you will not have access to chat support due to Dropbox security restrictions. If this is not the case, please don’t hesitate to let my colleague know and they’ll do their best to assist you. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 6

Thank you! about the "chat issue"

DB Support confirmed that the deletion was caused by an API connection.
I deleted the API now.

Thank you,

iR

View solution in original post

Dropboxer
Thanks for keeping me in the loop with this, @RobertoMaria, and I’m glad to hear that you were able to get this resolved in the end. 

If you have any other questions in the future, don’t hesitate to give a nudge to us here or to the Support team directly

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?