cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder empty!

Folder empty!

New member | Level 2

I have a folder in Dropbox that I've had for years, it contains images.  I had, up until this week, over 40,000 (yes, 40 thousand) images in that folder.  I synced that folder to my PC but made sure that the setting was to keep them online.  I just checked the folder on my computer and all I see are the 100 most recently added files, and the same thing online.  I cannot recover the files online, and the rewind function also does not show the 40,000 files.  This is serious.  How can I get them back, I'm a Plus customer and thought I was protected by paying extra.  Interestingly enough, the space used on my account seems to reflect these files, but I don't know where they are.  Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Re: Folder empty!

Super User II

What is www.dropbox.com/events showing?

Can you recover via https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/restore-delete

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 2

Shows files only for the last 10 days. 

The link you provided goes to a help page.

Please see my original post re: restore/delete/rewind.

Super User II

If events is only showing things from the past 10 days then, unfortunately, thats all thats available to restore - i.e. they were moved or edited outside of your restore period. 

If your account quota seems to have the files still on then all I can suggest is searching for known file names at www.dropbox.com

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?