cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder missing for no reason

Folder missing for no reason

M1LK
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I just noticed that one important folder, but that I didn't used it for a while in my dropbox just disappeared without reason. I couldn't find it in excluded files history. And because I have no idea when this happened I even tried professional version to check the last 180 days and still nothing. The rest of my other files and folders are there, just this folder went missing. This folder contains some important personal university study material and I fully trusted in Dropbox that they would be safely backed up, as normally happened in all those years that I'm enjoying it, but now I got this disappointment. Am I still able to try something else?

Thx in advance!

3 Replies 3

Re: Folder missing for no reason

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @M1LK, let's see what we can find. 

Was this folder shared with you or did you create it? 

Have a look at your events page as well for any recent record on what could have happened. 

Check it out and let me know of any updates, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

M1LK
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I created the folder, it was not shared. I checked the events page but nothing related was there.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Do you remember seeing it on the web at all? Were you navigating through it only locally on your computer by any chance?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?