Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder share not showing up in system tray app notifications

shillaker
Explorer | Level 3

Another Dropbox user shared a folder with me. This did not show up in my system tray notifications, so I failed to accept the share. Later, after getting a reminder from the other user, I checked my Dropbox account in a web browser and accepted the share in the browser, but surely I should not have had to do that, I should have got the notification. Why did this not happen?

3 Replies 3

Re: Folder share not showing up in system tray app notifications

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @shillaker, let’s have a second look together!

I’m wondering if you’ve snoozed Notifications by any chance, as that would prevent the pop-up from appearing; please let me know in your next message if possible. Did you by any chance notice the sharing action on the Notifications tab at all? I’m asking as normally it should pick up from where you’ve left off if you navigate away from it & revisit later on. 

Please let me know of your findings at your earliest convenience. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

shillaker
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Jane, thanks for reply. I get notifications every day of the usual things, like who edited files shared with me. I checked the notifications in the Preferences and discovered that there is a list of 7 check boxes headed up "Notify me about" and some of these were unchecked. I have enabled all of them now, so I'll ask someone to share a folder with me today and let you know if this made it work.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Ah, thanks for circling back to me on the progress @shillaker

You’re definitely on the right path, however I’ be interested to see if re-enabling got this sorted. Keep me posted on the outcome whenever you have a spare minute. Thanks again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?