cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Folder shared with me has missing files on Dropbox desktop

Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

A colleague shared a folder with me but the Dropbox desktop does not show all the files/word documents. When I view the shared folder on Dropbox online, all the files are there. 

Dropbox is saying it is syncing and up-to-date. I can't see anything to indicate that it is selective syncing or anything like that.

Apparently, I was told I need to approve the folder that has been shared with me but I can't see anywhere to do this. Nor have I had to do this with any other folder.

Thanks for your help!

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Folder shared with me has missing files on Dropbox desktop

Super User II
Super User II

@KR10 wrote:

A colleague shared a folder with me but the Dropbox desktop does not show all the files/word documents. When I view the shared folder on Dropbox online, all the files are there.

Do any of those files have characters in their filename that would be considered incompatible on your operating system? If so, you'll see the files online, but they won't be able to sync to your computer. See the following help article for more information.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?