cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder space

Highlighted
New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi all,

I have a basic account (2gb folder space), now I'm working in a team with a shared folder but yestarday I received an email from dropbox about my full folder. I don't understand why, because the shared folder isn't created by me but by another user who have a business account.  My question is: if the creator of the shared folder have a business account why dropbox notifies me about the full space? Is not the shared folder charged only in the storage of folder's creator? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Folder space

Super User II
Super User II

@Koka9 wrote:

My question is: if the creator of the shared folder have a business account why dropbox notifies me about the full space? Is not the shared folder charged only in the storage of folder's creator? 

No, the shared folder is not charged only to the owner of the folder. The files exist in your account, so they count against your space as well. All members of a shared folder must have enough space in their account to hold the shared folder.

If they have a Dropbox Business account and an available license, they can invite you to join the team, at which point your account is merged into the Business account and you'll be able to take advantage of the increased space that the entire team has access to.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Folder space

Super User II
Super User II

@Koka9 wrote:

My question is: if the creator of the shared folder have a business account why dropbox notifies me about the full space? Is not the shared folder charged only in the storage of folder's creator? 

No, the shared folder is not charged only to the owner of the folder. The files exist in your account, so they count against your space as well. All members of a shared folder must have enough space in their account to hold the shared folder.

If they have a Dropbox Business account and an available license, they can invite you to join the team, at which point your account is merged into the Business account and you'll be able to take advantage of the increased space that the entire team has access to.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?