cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder view on taskbar icon is missing 6 folders

Folder view on taskbar icon is missing 6 folders

GaryT1
Explorer | Level 4

After clicking on the Dropbox taskbar icon and then clicking on the folder icon, I do not see any folders (6) that appear on my iphone view or on the File Explorer view.  How can I get these folders to show up on the desktop view?

13 Replies 13

Re: Folder view on taskbar icon is missing 6 folders

Megan
Dropboxer
Hi @GaryT1, let's see what we can find here! 

Can you let me know the syncing status, and version of your Dropbox desktop application? 

It should look something like this: xxx.3.xxx or xxx.4.xxx.

Let me know, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

GaryT1
Explorer | Level 4

Version 132.4.3800.  Sync status is more difficult to determine.  I had stopped syncing yesterday somehow, but I can't find a place to see what Dropbox thinks my status is.  I don't want any syncing with my laptop.

GaryT1
Explorer | Level 4

oops!  I just saw your link to sync status.  I clicked on the taskbar icon.  The message at the bottom of the page is "Your files are up to date".  Nothing about syncing.

Thank you for offering to help me.

Megan
Dropboxer
Any time, @GaryT1!

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

GaryT1
Explorer | Level 4

Problem not solved.  Problem is I don't see any folders when I clicked on the taskbar icon and then click on the folder icon at the top of the screen.  All I see are some individual files I am storing on Dropbox.  One of the files is important "Camera Uploads."  Other views (File Explorer and my iphone) of my Dropbox content show 6 folders plus some individual files.  I guess I can work around this, but it is weird that one of three views is different than the others.

Megan
Dropboxer
My mistake, @GaryT1

I thought the problem was resolved.

Have you checked to make sure you do not have 2 different accounts connected to each device?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

GaryT1
Explorer | Level 4

Well, today the File Explorer view and the taskbar icon view both do not have the 6 folders I am concerned about.  Both of our iphones show these folders and clicking on them shows their contents.  I would like to have these folders on my laptop so I can drop files into them.  The only difference in the laptop and the iphones is that I had to install new Dropbox software on my laptop, but not on the iphones.  I clicked on the Dropbox Account tab at the bottom of the iphone display.  I shows the same account name used for the website.

I wonder how we can get the folders to show up on File Explorer?

GaryT1
Explorer | Level 4

I am concerned that I might lose one of the folders:  Camera Uploads.  I think it has files that I want that exist nowhere else.  How can I copy this folder to a safe place from my iphone?  I don't have any experience using Apple's iCloud.  I will try to learn more while I wait for your response.

Thank you for working with me on this issue.  Your voluntary effort are sincerely appreciated.

Gary T.

Megan
Dropboxer
Thanks for all the info, Gary! 

If I were you, I'd also check to make sure that the folders do not have any invalid characters, that prevents them from syncing. 

Also, have you taken a look at your selective sync settings?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
    GaryT1 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?