cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folders and files not showing on my other devices.

Highlighted

Folders and files not showing on my other devices.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, my files are not showing on my other devices. On my desktop computer, I have a shortcut to my dropbox. I have 30  folders showing in one main folder. When I go to the online folder only one file shows. Please help me figure out how to have them sync to all of my devices? Thank you.

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Folders and files not showing on my other devices.

Dropboxer

Hi @john b.174, thanks for messaging the Community!

I’m sorry to hear about this matter. Could you check if the files appear on the Dropbox site? Were the files created on a Mac device and you’re connecting to a Windows device?

If they were, then it’s possible that the files aren’t syncing due to incompatible characters, so you need to rename the files to remove these characters. 

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay,  

Thanks for getting back to me  All other files cync to both mac and PC.  From my Mac, I click on Dropbox and then upload the files.  So, I think I did something wiered with the files.  On ALL other computers I click on my short cut I con and see 1 folder.  So I think the problem lies in where the files are stored.  How do I get my files on my mac ---Which should be on the web-- to show up on the other computers?   I tried to upload a screen shot but couldn't.

Thank you.  

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Do those files from the Mac to the website, and they appear there normally?

Try to upload your screenshots to your Dropbox account and share a link to them so I can view them from here.

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

[link removed as per Community Guidelines]

Hi Jay,

Thank you again for helping me.  One screen shot is from my mac computer the other is from the web site. 

Take care.  

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for sending that screenshot @john b.174!

Just to note, I removed the link due to some of the information that was showing in the screenshot, as this is a public platform and anyone would be able to access the link.

From what I could see there, it looks like the app might not be running on your Mac as there were no sync icons showing next to your files.

If you don't see the Dropbox icon in your menu bar near the time display, please launch the app from your Applications menu. Once the app is up and running, please check on the sync status and let me know what you see there.

Keep me posted!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?