cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folders missing - I've checked the sharing and events page and can't locate them. Any help?

Folders missing - I've checked the sharing and events page and can't locate them. Any help?

Explorer | Level 4

Hi there, 
Case: a large number of folders and subfolders in each of these are missing. They are not to be found within the desktop app or on the website. These are folders named by year, but what´s strange is that not all of these folders are missing. Folders 2013,2014,2015, 2020,2021 are there, but not the ones between 2016-2019. 

The 2014 folder was found within the 2013 folder. 

I have checked with my coworkers, they have just work on the 2021 folder. 

I have checked the shared listing and the events listing, the folders are not to be found, but some of the subfolders are there, but not the main folder and a large part of the sub folders. 

Please help, thank you!

Martin Gundersen, manager Brygga Culture Hall, Norway

3 Replies 3

Re: Folders missing - I've checked the sharing and events page and can't locate them. Any help?

Dropboxer

Hello there @Bryggakultursal, I hope you're well today!

Since you've already checked out a few possibilities there, could you let me know if you've tried doing a quick search within your account for the missing folder names?

It may be that the folders were moved within another folder by mistake, like the 2014 folder you mentioned.

Also, have you checked your deleted files page, for any of the 2016-2019 folders?

Let me know and we'll take it from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Folders missing - I've checked the sharing and events page and can't locate them. Any help?

Explorer | Level 4
Hi and thanx for your swift reply

I did som more searching and used the rewind option back to mid december. Now folders are back. But still I don’t understand hiw this happened.
Anyways, now everything is fine for now. So I wish you a happy weekend.

Dropboxer

Thanks for the update @Bryggakultursal, I'm glad to hear you got your files back with Rewind!

The best option would be to check in the Events page to see what could have happened there, as it shows the last 6 months of activity.

If you need anything else though, feel free to give me a shout here anytime.

Hope you have a great weekend too!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?