cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folders (not files) no longer visible or find-able on home screen of phone app

Folders (not files) no longer visible or find-able on home screen of phone app

Susan G.14
New member | Level 2

Previously, all my folders (not files) were visible on the Home screen of my Android phone (Pixel 3A). I made no changes to settings. Now the folders don't show, only files in random order. When I search, the folders aren't found, even when I search for the name of a folder. How can I organize the phone app so the folders appear in ABC order on the home screen, and so they can be found when I search for them?

3 Replies 3

Re: Folders (not files) no longer visible or find-able on home screen of phone app

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello @Susan G.14, let's see what we can find on this together. 

Generally, your Home screen will show you recent activity, and any content you have shared and starred, which cannot be sorted.

You should be able to find all your folders and files though from your Files tab. 

If you'd like to sort the content in your Files tab by name, there should be such an option at the top of the list. 

Could you check that out and let me know if you're still having trouble with this? 

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Folders (not files) no longer visible or find-able on home screen of phone app

Susan G.14
New member | Level 2

Thanks. By tapping Files I was able to make the folders appear. So, not intuitive but that was the issue! I appreciate the reply.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Glad to hear that, @Susan G.14, and thanks for the feedback. 

If anything else comes up in the future, don't hesitate to give us another shout. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely week ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?