cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folders on Windows not showing in Mac

Highlighted

Folders on Windows not showing in Mac

Explorer | Level 4

I can view the folders from my mac on my windows pc but when opening them they are empty on windows. Then on Mac I cannot view any windows files and opening the mac folders in dropbox shows the content. For example screenshots are only viewed on mac, they where created in the mac dropbox and a folder called word with documents (as well as all windows folders) is completely invisible in mac even when in preferences it shows that it is checked as a viewable folder. I have no forward slashes or strange characters in the naming unless there hidden or something otherwise I have no idea what the problem is.

I am using Mac OS High Sierra and Windows 10, Dropbox Personal 2TB. 

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Folders on Windows not showing in Mac

Dropboxer

Hello there @ekamu, let's see what we can do on this together. 

Since you've already made sure that the file names don't contain any incompatible characters - great work by the way! - could you confirm what the desktop app's status us on each device?

You can do this by hovering over the Dropbox icon that's next to your computer's clock. 

Let me know what you find, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Windows: Dropbox 104.4.175 Up to Date

Mac: Dropbox 102.4.431 Syncing...

Mac seems to get stuck syncing for hours and hours and only updates what I put in Mac Dropbox folde in finder but nothing from my PC is visible, when I try the website and check everything to be visible nothing happens.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey @ekamu; how are you today?

The desktop app on your Mac computer seems to be slightly outdated. Can you update it to our latest, stable version (104.4.175) and let us know if this persists? 

In case it does, please send us a screenshot of the app's exact status as shown within your menu bar so we can have a better look into this for you.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?