Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Folders show files are syncing but all files inside are synced

Helpful | Level 5

We use the dropbox app on multiple computers in our office.  For some reason we have just one computer where it shows there are 52 files to be synced, it shows blue dots on some of the folders in the dropbox app, but inside those folders all files are synced and up to date.  All files seem to be synced but the app is still stuck endlessly at 2+ days to sync, and is constantly using 30-40% of the CPU.

None of our other computers in the office have this problem.  We tried reinstalling the app with no luck.

Has anyone ever had this issue before?

This is on Windows 10.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Folders show files are syncing but all files inside are synced

Helpful | Level 5

Good morning!
That seemed to help!

I uninstalled the app on that workstation.  Unlinked it via the website like you suggested.  I also deleted any remaining files/folders left on the harddrive before reinstalling.

After installing again it quickly synced fully and shows up to date.

Thanks so much for your help!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @CLEemployee, I hope you're well today!

As a first step, can you try the steps outlined here to fix permissions and hardlinks, to see if that helps with the issue that you're having?

It might take a little time to apply the changes, so please just keep an eye on the sync status in the meantime.

Let me know how it goes - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Thanks for the quick response!

So I tried both fix hardlinks and fix permissions.  Let it sit for another 45 minutes.  Tried restarting the program again as well just in case.  Unfortunately it is still doing the same thing.

I did notice when I hover over the dropbox icon in the taskbar, it says uploading 26 files, and downloading 27 files... endlessly, since yesterday.  Where the other 4,000 files synced quickly when the app was reinstalled.  I don't see any actual files syncing inside the folders, everything is up to date, but it still shows the icon on the folders like things are still syncing.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for trying that out @CLEemployee!

When you reinstalled the app, did you also unlink the account in the process?

If not, can you try unlinking the device and then signing back in to the app to see if that does the trick?

Should you still have the same issue after this, can I reach out to the email linked with your profile here to do some further troubleshooting through our Support channel?

Keep me posted!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Good morning!
That seemed to help!

I uninstalled the app on that workstation.  Unlinked it via the website like you suggested.  I also deleted any remaining files/folders left on the harddrive before reinstalling.

After installing again it quickly synced fully and shows up to date.

Thanks so much for your help!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that did the trick @CLEemployee!

If you need anything else, please feel free to just give me a nudge here as I'd be happy to help out.

Hope you have a great day!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?