cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font files being automatically duplicated, converted, and corrupted?

Highlighted

Font files being automatically duplicated, converted, and corrupted?

Explorer | Level 3

I am a graphic designer and I have a large folder of font files that I keep on Dropbox. I was trying to download some of these fonts today, but for some reason none of them would install on my computer. I tried in both FontBook and Typeface app (the latter being the font management apps I use regularly). I assumed that some of these fonts were corrupted, but after investigation, I realized that when I download a font folder, it automatically creates 2 versions of each font file within the zip. I have folders as normal, but all the font files are Unix. Within the zip file, I now also have a new folder titled "_MACOSX." Also, the Mac fonts have been renamed automatically-- for example: "FuturConBol" is changed to "F._uturConBol" in the MacOS folder.

Now, none of the fonts will import into either font management program. Is this new functionality? Why is this automatically happening? 

Attached are some screenshots, hope they help make sense of this.

Im on a MacBook Pro. Catalina 10.15.6

Thanks!

Cam

The folder structure once the downloaded zip file is opened-- created by Dropbox (does not match original structure in app)The folder structure once the downloaded zip file is opened-- created by Dropbox (does not match original structure in app)The Unix version of the font -- will not install on MacThe Unix version of the font -- will not install on MacThe apparent Mac version of the fontThe apparent Mac version of the font

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Font files being automatically duplicated, converted, and corrupted?

Dropboxer

Hi @CamBB; thanks for posting on our Community!

I believe the issue you're seeing is related to the nature of the files in question and the file system of your computer's OS, but let's take a further look into this first.

If it's not too much to ask, could you run some tests for me please?

First, I'd like you to download this specific folder from another browser, and, then, use a different unzipping (un-archiving) app to see if that improve matters.

You can also find more information about this using a web search for Apple's double files.

In any case, please keep me posted on your findings, Cam. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?