cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Force Download Folders

Force Download Folders

CoreasCreations
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am working on setting up a WooCommerce store on my website. I have decided to use Dropbox to store my large product files. Many of my downloadable products include several files and are best sold in folders. I upload the product folders to Dropbox and modified the share link (deleted 0, added 1) to force the folder to download. The folder file cannot be opened when downloaded by customers. I see that the name of the folder is lost (and replaced by numbers and letters) and have noticed I can right-click and unzip the folder to reveal the contents, BUT I can't use these links because of the way it downloads on the customer end. If you know how this can be resolved, any help would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

How are you creating the share link? I've just created one for a folder that contains multiple files and another subfolder of files. The link, modified to ?dl-1, downloads a Zip file that has the same name as the folder, and the content extracts normally.

CoreasCreations
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes, the links I am using end with ?dl=1. The downloaded folder loses its name and appears as blank white icon instead of the yellow zipped folder icon (I use Windws). Can you test it for me? Here is the full link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pilbxbkwyo4cz5z/AAAXx9dKFr1-B7YMtNlnnApVa?dl=1

This is the link I have inputted as my downloadable product URL on Woo Commerce. Maybe it's a settings issue with the Woo Commerce plugin. Thanks so much for your help!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

72d0cebeff18d5e0f23978e212570c68.pnge34a2c7b2d41775f3981242a23f7d531.png42acdb0ebdfc8967940287666498522d.png9283736ae564a6f88e6ea433f55578dd.png7fcb386e1c1ab0da635ef07e88fd2a8a.png

CoreasCreations
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for sending those screenshots. It appears the link is fine, this must be a technical issue with the Woo Commerce plugin. I will attempt to resolve the issue with my web hosting service/website designer. Thanks again for helping me troubleshoot.

Jokakoka5
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Whant all pictures aplications music and files and folders direct saved on dropbox
Need more support?