cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Full screen on ipad

Full screen on ipad

Vixen20
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

As of today, for some reason I am struggling to get a full screen on my ipad to view files and foldersd. I used to be able to click off the left hand side search column but now I can’t click it off. Any ideas as to how to do this. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

annecorn
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

SOLVED!!! To make the document full screen, single-tap on the sides or top of the document. In the past a double-tap would do the trick, however, since the update that double-tap is now for magnifying the document.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Vixen20, thanks for joining the Community!

Is there an option on the right when viewing the file to expand the screen to show the file in full?

A screenshot of what you're seeing would help me greatly!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Vixen20
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Good day Christopher.

Thanks for your reply 🙂 I have sent you two example pictures. The first one is of the split page. The second one is of how it looks when I double click on the file that I want to open and that it zooms in, but stays in 'split mode'.

I cant see any other icon/method to make it full screen ( it used to do this automatically when I double clicked on the file  I wanted to enlarge ) but it keeps splitting it now, regardless.   

Any advice? 

IMG_0677.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

Vixen20
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Apologies, Jay, for calling you Christopher.. I clearly did not eat breakfast yet, lol 

annecorn
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am having the same problem. It started after the most recent update. I can not either make the document come up in Full Screen, or make the file list on the left go away. This is on an iPad with the latest iOS.

Vixen20
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes exactly! Glad I am not alone in this, lol. 

annecorn
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Getting this resolved is critical to me. Dropbox always reduced docs to fit on the right 2/3's of the screen while the file list occupies the left third.  Before the last update I could view my docs full size by double tapping the top of the page to make the file list would go away. Worked great for YEARS. There is no button or gesture that will accomplish that now.

annecorn
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

SOLVED!!! To make the document full screen, single-tap on the sides or top of the document. In the past a double-tap would do the trick, however, since the update that double-tap is now for magnifying the document.

Vixen20
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Awesome, thank you for the feedback. Your suggestion worked!

LowDev
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What if the document is an html

Need more support?