cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General links

General links

New member | Level 2

Old shared links stopped working. And new ones are not created. Writes: "You do not have permission to link to this file." And if it does, then an error pops up

Error (404)

We can't find the page you're looking for.

example old link

https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/yw8ctotqir2toomtqb9ud/2016.doc?dl=0&rlkey=6yo39fvsslusxdav5skayu2mk

4 Replies 4

Re: General links

Helpful | Level 6

Hey etlay88,

Did you check if the file or folder is not deleted or the owner of the folder changed link settings?

There's some other options that could possible solve your problem, check this tip from Dropbox and let me know if anything works: https:confused face:/help.dropbox.com/files-folders/share/shared-link-stopped-working

I hope this could be helpful to you.

New member | Level 2

I have free account. I have owner folder(files). 

the links work if I logged in with my account in the browser.

tips from dropbox (that you sent the link) looked, nothing helped.

Dropboxer

Hey @etlay88; I'm sorry to jump in here but I just wanted to mention that it looks like your shared links may have been banned.

If that's the case, how long have you been getting this error message?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Yes, I also thought that links were suddenly blocked, but there is no reason to block. in those support could not write, did not find a button :disappointed face:   just here. Probably have to abandon the dropbox, although I have been using it for so many years.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?