cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Dropbox to open to "Files" page

Highlighted

Getting Dropbox to open to "Files" page

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Recently we had a major computer crash that required us to have a new hard drive installed.  Since I had everything backed up, this was more an inconvenience than a disaster; however, I have endountered one issue that, although I'm sure the answer is simple, I am unable to resolve.  We use two Dropbox accounts, one that mirrors our major account.  I access our major account via the Dropbox icon, and I go to Dropbox.com to access the mirrored account.  For reasons that I cannot seem to find, the mirrored account, instead of opening to the "Files" page as it formerly did, now opens in the middle of one of the files, and I cannot seem to find a way to persuade it to stop that.

I've looked at "Settings" and cannot find a solution.  Can any of you help?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Getting Dropbox to open to "Files" page

Super User II
Super User II

There are no settings that control what page you open to. If you're just visiting dropbox.com by typing it directly in your browser, then after you sign-in you should be on your Home page, which shows Suggestions, Starred items and Recent files.

The only way to enter directly to the Files page is to bookmark it and use the bookmark to access Dropbox. The URL for the Files page is:

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

There are no settings that control what page you open to. If you're just visiting dropbox.com by typing it directly in your browser, then after you sign-in you should be on your Home page, which shows Suggestions, Starred items and Recent files.

The only way to enter directly to the Files page is to bookmark it and use the bookmark to access Dropbox. The URL for the Files page is:

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @LeachandLeach - welcome to the Dropbox Community and happy Friday!

I'm not sure to what exactly you're referring to, could you post a screenshot so I can get a visual too?

If I'm correct to assume that you're accessing the mentioned account through a web browser, please try another browser and let me know the results.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Oddly, though, when I click on the Dropbox icon, it always takes me to the same page, which is in the middle of one of the files.

I will revamp my bookmarks toolbar and hope that it solves the problem.

Thanks.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?