cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a time-out message when creating or opening Paper documents on Android

Getting a time-out message when creating or opening Paper documents on Android

mahler
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I have the same problem as one other user described:

"I can not open already written documents in the paper in a paper box on my android phone. Whenever i try to open it says failed to load the document, timeout while loading the document, check your internet connection. Is there any solution i can use the paper box on my phone. i try many things but it didn't worked. i uninstall many times and instal it back but it is the same problem. i can open documents in dropbox but not at paper box, also at the same time, it is not syncing when i go back. Does anyone have the solution for it?"

I also tried on one other device and there was no issue. I have an Honor 7, EMUI 4.0.3. I cannot explain what is happening, there was no other interfering installation before the issue started (this week on Wednesday).

I cannot even creat a new Paper document, there is the same issue.

Thank you for your help!

11 Replies 11

Re: Getting a time-out message when creating or opening Paper documents on Android

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @mahler, thanks for joining the Community!

Have you tried connecting via a different network, or using cellular data, to rule out the possibility of this being the issue on your device?

Can you access your Paper docs from the Dropbox site on a desktop machine?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Getting a time-out message when creating or opening Paper documents on Android

mahler
Explorer | Level 3
Hello @Jay!
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I've tried everything, different WLAN-Network, cellular data, nothing changed.
As I've tried it from the my wife's phone, there was no issue.
Yes, I can access the Paper files from the desktop machine.

Jay
Dropboxer
When you view your Paper files on the site, are they visible from within your normal Dropbox folders with a .paper extension, or from the Paper site?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mahler
Explorer | Level 3

Well, if I got your point well:

I don't have any folder with .paper-extension, only the single files.

And yes, in the folder I can see those files having a .paper-extension.

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks for the info, it seems like you're running the new version of Paper.

Could you try opening the Paper doc in the normal Dropbox mobile app, and see what options you get for editing from there?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

mahler
Explorer | Level 3
Well, I first had to uninstall the Paper-App, because it would always opet the .paper document with an app. After that I opened an .paper document from the Dropbox mobile app and I cannot write anything, just read. I made also two screenshots of it.

Jay
Dropboxer
Could you try reinstalling the Paper mobile app and see if it works when you try to open the files via the Dropbox app?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

mahler
Explorer | Level 3

I've just tried. No changes, status quo.

Walter
Dropboxer
Thanks for keeping us in the loop @mahler.

May we reach out via email to have a further look into this internally?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?