cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an error 403 when accessing Dropbox Paper

Getting an error 403 when accessing Dropbox Paper

Guest1223
Explorer | Level 3

Was using Paper and all of a sudden it gives me Forbidden 403. Can anyone advise? I did not share any links or whatsoever. 

10 Replies 10

Re: Paper dropbox forbidden

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Guest1223, thanks for posting on the Community!

Could you let us know more information about what you’re experiencing? Could you forward a screenshot showing the error message you’re receiving?

Could you try switching browsers to see if this helps? Otherwise, use incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running, clearing your cache and even resetting your browser entirely.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

I can't log into Paper as I'm getting a 403 error. Can you help?

amplifind
New member | Level 2

Anyone else get this error trying to access Paper files?

Based in South Africa, and need - asap - to use/access files. and folders.

Re: Getting an error 403 when accessing Dropbox Paper

eecummings
Explorer | Level 4

I had the same thing happen to me this morning and so much of my company's work is in Paper.  I submitted a ticket but haven't heard anything for hours now. How long did it take them to fix this for you?

Re: I can't log into Paper as I'm getting a 303 error. Can you help?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @amplifind, thanks for posting your question on the Dropbox Community. 

Have you tried accessing Paper from another browser or an incognito window?

If the issue persists, could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of the error message?

Keep me posted - thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Dropbox Paper 403 and no access for me, papers not accessible for other team members

eecummings
Explorer | Level 4

I have a DB Business account. Sometime between midnight and 7am PST, I lost access to my Paper. I get a 403 page every time I try to access it. Have tried from multiple browsers. When I try to access it from the app, it puts me in an endless loop of sending back to the sign in page or crashes.  Most alarmingly, none of my team members can access DB Papers that I was the creator of that were shared with them.  I have not heard back from Support in 7 hours (ticket # #10560818).  Our business process is heavily reliant on Paper and need it working/restored ASAP. I see that others have had this issue (but no update on resolution).Screenshot 2020-04-20 09.30.29.png

amplifind
New member | Level 2

Lusil

I have. no luck. see attached. would appreciate your help. I 've also logged with Support, but still waiting...Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 08.57.26.png

Re: Dropbox Paper 403 and no access for me, papers not accessible for other team members

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @eecummings, thanks for posting today!

I can see that your ticket has been forwarded to the appropriate department to look into this matter in more detail.

I’d recommend waiting for a response from them since they would be better positioned to assist you here.

Thanks for your patience!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for letting me know, @amplifind. I found your ticket and have passed your comments along to the member of my team reviewing this for you. 

In the meantime, if you have any other questions, just give us a shout. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Olivia
New member | Level 2

Hi, I am having the same issue since Saturday 1st August (Aus time).
Ticket #11171493. I have not had any email response over the two days and I need access urgently. 
Attached a photo of the message too. 
Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 9.47.05 am.png

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?