Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting large files OFF DB

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Getting large files OFF DB. Closing DB for a more user freindly file share program. Down to last MP4 videos with 11 files over 1 GB. Can't get them to download.  Process I used for downloading smaller files isn't working. Download starts, says anywhere from 4-15 hours, then eventually fails. I tried emailing a file, various ways. Either get a link back to DB (face palm here) or it comes as web page/html file, not the MP4 format. Help. 

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Getting large files OFF DB

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Haymom - thanks for posting your question on our Community!

From what I gather, you must be downloading your files from our website via a web browser which stalls and eventually errors out - correct me if I got anything wrong here please.

Can you please first clear your browser's cache and try again?

If this doesn't help, you can also try an incognito window of your browser with no extensions or plugins or even a completely different browser.

Keep me posted on your progress! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Great ideas Walter, and I learned a few new things. Incognito window is neat. But none worked for downloading my videos. I submitted another Help ticket. I sure hate to lose these videos of my teenage son's band, but if I can't get them off DB then DB is where they will die. My subscription is up and I'm not willing to renew it, the program is so difficult to operate, case in point. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping me in the loop here @Haymom.

I hope you managed to resolve your concern by now, but if you have any questions that I can help with, please feel free to let me know.

Unti then, take care! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?