cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got hacked.

Got hacked.

New member | Level 2

I’m trying to see if someone can help me with a recommendation on what to do. Our work server was hacked by hackers that locked our server and are demanding money. In the process they encrypted all our files to not open. Long story short, by doing that they also did the same to all my personal files on my drop box account since it was logged in to my laptop. All my picture are not opening on my app now, and every file has a demand letter on how to contact them, to pay them to unencrypted my files... This happened on last Friday, is there any way to roll back all my files to last Thursday or Friday so they go back to normal? Please help.

2 Replies 2

Re: Got hacked.

New member | Level 2
I found an article about how to rewind files but it says you need an upgraded account to do that. Will I be able to use the rewind all files option if I purchase it now?

Re: Got hacked.

Dropboxer

Hey there @Kingkon; thanks for joining our Community!

As it sounds like you were hit by a ransomware, I'd suggest taking a look at the relevant documentation.

Regarding the Rewind feature, yes, you'll be able to use it right-away for changes made on your Dropbox files within the last 30 days since Rewind won’t recover any changes made earlier than your account’s version history (at the time of the upgrade). 

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?