cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! FAMILY PLAN DELETED A MEMBER'S PLUS PLAN

HELP! FAMILY PLAN DELETED A MEMBER'S PLUS PLAN

gia2
Explorer | Level 4

Hello.

As the "Subject" says, when a member joined my "Family" plan, he lost his own "Plus" plan, containing precious files.

Of course, he only wants his files back, doesn't care about the "Family" plan anymore, he only wants his "Plus" plan back.

How to recover it? What is the step-by-step procedure?

3 Replies 3

Re: HELP! FAMILY PLAN DELETED A MEMBER'S PLUS PLAN

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @gia2, thanks for joining the Community!

If a Dropbox Plus user joins a Family plan, then they'd get a prorated refund for the remainder of the Plus plan.

They wouldn't lose any files, and nothing else would change on their account. 

Could they check the events page and the deleted files page to see if they can see the missing files?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

wolke001
New member | Level 2

The SAME THING happened to me! My files are still intact but I clicked on a link to join a family plan not realizing it would DELETE MY PERSONAL PLUS PLAN!!

I've tried to leave the family plan and it says I will be downgraded in storage to dropbox basic and I'm scared I will lose my files.

I tried to change plans back to PLUS and it says, "your account can not be changed at this time."

This is crazy that you've made it so that you can click one button and have your personal account wiped out. There was no messaging in the original email telling me that clicking that button would cancel my personal account.

How can I get my own personal PLUS account back, which I've already paid for for the year? I see now that I will be getting a prorated refund. I am just livid about this whole situation.

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hi there @wolke001, thanks for the nudge here and sorry for any confusion.

To clarify, when you join a Family plan with a paid subscription, like your Plus in this case, you get a prorated refund for the amount you've paid, but didn't use.

So, if you then decide to leave the Family, it would make sense to return to the free version of Dropbox. 

No files will be lost if you leave the Family and downgrade to the free Basic version.

If you have more files than the free account allows, you can simply re-upgrade your account.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    wolke001 New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?