cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Need to upload onto a shared folder in the next few hows but can't figure out how

HELP! Need to upload onto a shared folder in the next few hows but can't figure out how

stewess
New member | Level 2

I am to submit an application onto a shared Dropbox folder - but when I click on the link, I can see others' submissions but have no idea how to upload my own! It's confusing because I've definitely submitted things in this way before and it was so easy I didn't think to troubleshoot before so close to the deadline, but now I'm panicking. 

1 Reply 1

Re: HELP! Need to upload onto a shared folder in the next few hows but can't figure out how

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @stewess, let's see what we can do here!

Have you been invited to join the folder, received a link to it, or a File Request? 

I'm asking, because if you received a Shared link, you should be able to view and download content, but not add your own. 

If however, you've received the invitation to join a Shared folder (and you're able to see the folder under the Sharing tab here) you should be able to open and upload into it.

Can you check and let me know? 

Any screenshots of what you see when you receive, or click into the folder (without showing any personal info) are welcome. 

Let me know, and we'll take it from there!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?