cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Random missing files!!

HELP! Random missing files!!

robbietomkins
Explorer | Level 4

Hi All, 

A load of files are missing from my Dropbox. It appears to be very random with some folders being completely empty and some with a few files missing. its really freaking me out and I'm not sure what to do. I noticed a few missing files a week ago when I signed into the app but when I checked the desktop version there they were.....I got a little worried and reinstalled the desktop app (Mac) but now loads of files are missing on that. I've read through previous articles etc on checking the deleted folder but there is nothing in there.

I' really hoping this is human error so if anyone can help I'd be eternally grateful! 

Thanks!!

3 Replies 3

Re: HELP! Random missing files!!

Mark
Super User II

What is www.dropbox.com/events showing?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

robbietomkins
Explorer | Level 4

Hey Mark - thanks so much for coming back to me. I've had a look and it shows loads files across numerous folders as being deleted - which was definitely not done by me!! 😬 Do you know how I can recover these? Thanks again....this is very worrying as I obviously trust that my files will be safe in Dropbox. Cheers, Robbie  

robbietomkins
Explorer | Level 4

Hi again Mark, 

Ive been looking through Events and there is one particular day when, at exactly the same time (1.22pm), it shows a load of activity (including one event of 'me' deleting 121 files!!??) which surely cant have been physically possible! I'm very worried now - I really appreciate your help! Can I ask do you actually work for Dropbox? Are you able to access my account? If not, do you know how I can get in touch directly as a basic user? 🙏🏻 

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?