cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Unusably slow internet when Dropbox uploading

HELP! Unusably slow internet when Dropbox uploading

edumbrava
New member | Level 2

Been using Dropbox for years. Last week I started seeing my internet connection slow down dramatically when Dropbox is Uploading files.

If I pause Dropbox everything is fast again. I have 300 MB Down and 20MB up. I used the limiter setting in Bandwith tab and it does not matter how slow I set it to - it still almost kills my connection. I even set it to 100kbs upload and everything is still at a halt. 

My 300mbs connection is unsuable around my whole house, not just my Win 10 dektop that is uplaoding. It kills my WiFi connection also. 

PLEASE HELP!

Using Dropbox v 80.4.126

Windows 10 PRo v 1903

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: HELP! Unusably slow internet when Dropbox uploading

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @edumbrava - welcome to our Community and sorry to hear about this. 

As I'd like to get a better view of the matter at hand, would it be OK if I reached out to your Dropbox associated email address to work on this together?

In the meantime, could you forward me the following information?

Thanks in advance for checking my pointers and I'll be waiting for your reply so we can investigate further. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @edumbrava - welcome to our Community and sorry to hear about this. 

As I'd like to get a better view of the matter at hand, would it be OK if I reached out to your Dropbox associated email address to work on this together?

In the meantime, could you forward me the following information?

Thanks in advance for checking my pointers and I'll be waiting for your reply so we can investigate further. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

bajeko07
Explorer | Level 3

I am having the same issue. My intranet provider said extreme slowness of intranet is due to Dropbox upload which started on 25 November. When I turn my desktop off or pause Dropbox upload - internet returns to great speed. What has happened? I have also been using Dropbox for years

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @bajeko07, thanks for checking in with us!

Have you by any chance tried changing your bandwidth-usage settings from the Dropbox desktop app? Maybe that will do the trick.

You can find more info and relevant steps here

Let us know what you find!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

bajeko07
Explorer | Level 3

HI Lusil

I am using Wndows 10 and cannot find any reference to bandwidth or Preference when I log into my Dropbox.

bajeko07
Explorer | Level 3

HI Lusil, ignore previous message. I have found it and have reduced upload to 10 which has improved internet.

Thanks

Lusil
Dropboxer

No worries, @bajeko07. Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern. :relieved:

If you have any other questions in the future, don't hesitate to give us a shout. In the meantime, have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

egoater00
Explorer | Level 4

I have exactly the same, I was in contact with someone from dropbox about this before Christmas and was told it was due to me being on a beta setting, still not convinced I was and if I was I certainly didn't put that setting on . I reinstalled and I'm still having the same issue! When uploading for example a 400MB file it makes everything on the internet in the house slow and buffer like its turned off but not quite! 

Help please would be appreciated! 

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi there @egoater00; thanks for joining the discussion here and sorry to hear about this.

Can you please let me know if you've tried reinstalling the app on your computer?

Maybe that will do the trick!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

egoater00
Explorer | Level 4
Hi Walter,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!
Yes I have done that 👍
Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?