cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Where is "Online Only" under Smart Sync?

HELP! Where is "Online Only" under Smart Sync?

New member | Level 2

I recently purchased a professional account to do remote work and I need to access a very large folder of files and work on them online, but "Online Only" is not being offered when I hover over the Smart Synch item.  The only option I have is "Local". When I selected that it downloaded thousands of files to my dropbox and crashed my memory.  I turned the remote folder off in preferences, but I have to have access to this folder as soon as possible and I cannot understand why the "Online Only" option isn't there. People are counting on me to be able to work on these files and I am hung up on Dropbox smart synch issues.

4 Replies 4

Re: HELP! Where is "Online Only" under Smart Synch?

Collaborator | Level 10

Hi there

As a possible workaround, while people with more experience respond to your issue, you can use the files on the online portal (www.dropbox.com).

Regards

Casper

Dropboxer

Hey there @lingsdzn, I hope you're well today!

Can you let me know which version of the desktop app you have installed? You can check this by hovering over the Dropbox icon in your menu bar/system tray.

Also, if you click the Dropbox icon, what does the sync status show at the moment?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Hello all!

I hope my request finds you all well.

I also cannot find "Online Only" under Smart Synch. The only option is "Local". My version of Dropbox is 106.4.368.

Can you please give me some guidance?

Dropboxer

Hey @IEP; welcome to our Community!

Could you please let me know what options you get under the Sync tab in the app's preferences? Do you see the Smart Sync option there?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?