cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn about how Kev uses Dropbox to make sure he keeps track of all the new music he listens to? Check out his tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPAA question about form submission

HIPAA question about form submission

DonnaD
Explorer | Level 4

If I send a patient a link to access our patient onboarding forms in our (HIPAA compliant) Dropbox for Business, is he or she completing them on their own server or computer and then sending them back through potentially unsecured means, or are those forms actually accessed, completed and signed within the dropbox file?  I'd like to have a secure portal for the onboarding process and wonder if this is ok or if I need another (expensive) program to get those forms to and from the client for the onboarding process?  Also, does dropbox have a docu-sign type feature? (I'm a new customer.)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: HIPAA question about form submission

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @DonnaD - welcome to the Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

We always strive to make it as easy as possible for you to learn how to keep your account secure and meet your legal requirements.

While ultimately it's up to you make sure that you're complying with your regulatory obligations, we've put together some recommendations to help you keep your data safe and your accounts secured:

https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/security/hipaa-hitech-overview 

Make also sure to take a look at our Getting Started with HIPAA guide for tips on how to set up your account to keep data like PHI secured.

As per your last query, note that DocuSign integrates with Dropbox to simplify the electronic signature process, helping organizations be more productive and get business done faster while with Dropbox Extensions, users can easily set up and send documents for signature to multiple recipients directly from Dropbox.

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you have any additional questions Donna; I'll be happy to follow up. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @DonnaD - welcome to the Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

We always strive to make it as easy as possible for you to learn how to keep your account secure and meet your legal requirements.

While ultimately it's up to you make sure that you're complying with your regulatory obligations, we've put together some recommendations to help you keep your data safe and your accounts secured:

https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/security/hipaa-hitech-overview 

Make also sure to take a look at our Getting Started with HIPAA guide for tips on how to set up your account to keep data like PHI secured.

As per your last query, note that DocuSign integrates with Dropbox to simplify the electronic signature process, helping organizations be more productive and get business done faster while with Dropbox Extensions, users can easily set up and send documents for signature to multiple recipients directly from Dropbox.

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you have any additional questions Donna; I'll be happy to follow up. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

DonnaD
Explorer | Level 4

I'm looking for the location of the BAA but I can't find it.  Can you help me please?

Rich
Super User II

@DonnaD wrote:

I'm looking for the location of the BAA but I can't find it.  Can you help me please?

From here: https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/security/hipaa-hitech-overview

If you're currently a Dropbox Business team admin, you can sign a BAA electronically from the Account page in the Admin Console.

DonnaD
Explorer | Level 4

Found it. Thanks!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DonnaD Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?