cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP ERROR 500 -- sporadic but FREQUENT, at least every day

HTTP ERROR 500 -- sporadic but FREQUENT, at least every day

roseart100
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, 

I get HTTP ERROR 500 with a ridiculous amount of frequency -- maybe once to twice per day. Often it's unsolved upon reload and I'll need to actually close the tab and re-navigate to the dropbox homepage. This is compounded with a rather high load time for any of the pages.

Does this happen to anyone else? Any other browsers than Chrome that work better?

Thanks much! 

3 Replies 3

Re: HTTP ERROR 500 -- sporadic but FREQUENT, at least every day

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @roseart100, let's see what we can do here. 

Does this error come up regardless of which browser you are using?

Have you tried clearing the cache and navigating through the Dropbox web without any third party browser extensions/plugins running?

Let me know and we'll go from there. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

roseart100
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I only ever use Chrome, so it's hard to say. I can try on Safari, although that would not be ideal to need to switch browsers in order to use it effectively, same with extensions + plugins... I would rather switch storage platforms than need to totally change my workflow with extensions. Is this a common problem?

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @roseart100, it is very rare that there is an issue for the Dropbox site. If it does occur, it would be for many users.

In this instance, it sounds like there's a specific issue related to either your browser, device, or internet connection, which could be preventing the site from loading normally.

There is a possibility that a, extension, proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router issues that could be affecting traffic to the following Dropbox domains.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?