cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardisk full due to dropbox

Hardisk full due to dropbox

Kean
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, 

May i know what is the way to run dropbox virtually without the need of having dropbox files store in my computer harddisk. Thank you

1 Reply 1

Re: Hardisk full due to dropbox

Rich
Super User II

@Kean wrote:

May i know what is the way to run dropbox virtually without the need of having dropbox files store in my computer harddisk.

Dropbox is just a regular folder on your drive like any other, taking up disk space. It's meant to sync files placed in that folder with your account online. It is not a cloud-based folder where the content only exists online, although the Smart Sync feature will let you set individual files or folders as Online-only.

If you don't have access to the Smart Sync feature (i.e. you're on a free Basic account) then you can use Selective Sync to remove selected folders from your local drive. Once a folder is unchecked in Selective Sync, you'll use the Dropbox website to access it.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?