cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: sharing permission

Have edit access, but get an error that I don't have permission to manage ownership of the folder?

nicbaines
New member | Level 2

I have edit access to a folder, however when I click on share, i am given a message that I do not have permission to manage membership of the folder

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
See https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/set-folder-permissions

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

Having edit access doesn't control that. You need to contact the owner of the folder. They have it set so only the owner can invite other people.

nicbaines
New member | Level 2

Thank you.  It was the owner who asked me to send the question as he has been on the phone to dropbox support for over an hour and ended up being told there was no answer.  His name is Ben Physick.  He is extremely frustrated and I am trying to find out how to fix this.  He rebently upgraded his account to a more expensive level and since then we have been having the problem.  If it isn't automatically controlled at the edit level, can you tell me if there is a setting somewhere that allows him to grant sharing privileges to those with edit access or to particular users?  Thank you for helping me.  nic xx

Mark
Super User II
See https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/set-folder-permissions

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Jane
Dropboxer
 Hey nicbaines, Mark’s tip should do the trick for you, though please don’t hesitate to keep us updated here in case you need further assistance in any way & we’ll do my best to follow-up with you.

Thanks & welcome to the Dropbox Community! 

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?