cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Having both my laptops able to access the dropbox cloud files

Having both my laptops able to access the dropbox cloud files

New member | Level 2

I dragged and dropped the folders on my hard drive to www.dropbox.com.  I then noticed work done on either laptop is not updating (not even sure if all the files in the folders transferred to begin with doesn't appear so).  I went and unlinked then re-linked and it appeared more files were syncing but I can't find on the cloud what I wanted to find.  Frustrated that I can't get it working at least on one computer with the cloud and get the cloud to match the files I want on my computer.  I bought the 1TB so I have plenty of space for storage. HELP

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Super User

Hey @GaryRoyals, Are you uploading the files using a browser to the Dropbox web? In order to sync files/folders automatically using Dropbox, you need to install the Dropbox app on both computers, login with your account on both computers. Once you setup the desktop app, it will create a folder in your computer named Dropbox. You should be able to find this folder in the sidebar of Windows explorer or Mac Finder. Anything you save inside this folder will be automatically synced among all your computers and Dropbox cloud. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Super User

Hey @GaryRoyals, Are you uploading the files using a browser to the Dropbox web? In order to sync files/folders automatically using Dropbox, you need to install the Dropbox app on both computers, login with your account on both computers. Once you setup the desktop app, it will create a folder in your computer named Dropbox. You should be able to find this folder in the sidebar of Windows explorer or Mac Finder. Anything you save inside this folder will be automatically synced among all your computers and Dropbox cloud. 

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?