cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble enabling Smart Sync on my Mac. Can't allow the blocked extension, any ideas?

Highlighted

Having trouble enabling Smart Sync on my Mac. Can't allow the blocked extension, any ideas?

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I'm having trouble getting Smart Sync enabled on my Mac. When I get to the "Some system software was blocked from loading," the "Allow" button is grayed out. I saw in another thread that someone's third-party tablet was screwing thing us and I do have one loaded, but it is not on.

If I need to reinstall the software, how do I safely do that?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Having trouble enabling Smart Sync

Dropboxer

Hi @Brook6504, I hope you're well today!

From what you mentioned, are you seeing this option from within your device's system preferences, under the "Security & Privacy" tab?

To make any changes there, you'll first need to click the lock icon in the bottom left of the window, which will prompt you for the device's admin credentials.

If you have any trouble with this, can you send me a screenshot or two of where you get stuck?

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you, that allowed me to enable Smart Sync and I switched my files to online only but I am still getting a message that my hard drive is almost full. Do I need to manually remove any files?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @Brook6504, although you've changed the setting on the Dropbox app, you still need to both change the setting on the Dropbox site for Mac devices.

Afterwards, you can manually make the files online-only by right clicking them in the Finder window.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?