cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble syncing with other members as updates don't show

Having trouble syncing with other members as updates don't show

DavidFunding
New member | Level 2

Hi. Anyone got any tips to help with syncing? We have a business account and we all use iMacs/iOS. We're finding that colleagues in the same office are doing work on files within folders and creating new folders etc but the updated files and new folders aren't syncing with the other user's machines. Seems to be ok with DB online but isn't syncing with the desktop app. Also, me being the same user but if I do updates on my work machine, these are not syncing with my MacBook when I wfh. Where is the forced sync button?

1 Reply 1

Re: Not syncing

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi @DavidFunding, thanks for checking in with us. 

Syncing should happen automatically if the desktop app is running and the device is connected to an internet connection. 

Could you check and ask the other users who are having trouble seeing new content locally, if they can see the Dropbox icon next to their computer's clocks?

Also, are these users team members, or part of shared folders?

Give me a shout whenever you have any updates on this, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?