cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! My pictures are gone!

Help! My pictures are gone!

Trimrut
Explorer | Level 3
Help me please! I recently got a new phone approx 2 months ago. I just signed into my dropbox on my new phone and there are no files in. They're all gone! I did not delete any of my files all I did was get a new phone. I've changed phones plenty of times before and once I sign into my dropbox on my new phones, my file and pics have always been there. This is not the case this time, I have no idea how or why they were deleted. Would dropbox delete my photos? Is there anyway to get my memories back 😭
7 Replies 7

Re: Help! My pictures are gone!

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @Trimrut, thanks for posting on our Community and sorry to hear about your missing files.

If it's been more than a year since you last accessed your account, it may have been closed due to inactivity.

That being said, if you've made sure you're logged into the correct account, could you please have a look at your deleted files page or the events page?

Do you see any sign of them there?

Keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Trimrut
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Walter, thank you for replying to my concern. I had my dropbox open on my laat phone, I was recently reminiscing through all my videos and pics prior to getting this new phone. My drop box has been full for some time but I always had it open to access my pictures. Its mild boggling and heart breaking, because I may not be to retrieve all those photos and videos from their original locations. I was dependent on dropbox as a safe haven for my pics. Never thought this would happen. I'm not sure what do.

Walter
Dropboxer
Have you made sure you've signed into the correct account @Trimrut?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Trimrut
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter! Yes l, I've tried every email I've ever owned. But I'm almost positive it was under my [email address removed per the Dropbox Community's Guidelines]. But none of my emails have any pictures under them.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Trimrut, do you still have your old device available?

Are you able to view the images on the account from there? Could you check what email is signed into Dropbox?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Trimrut
Explorer | Level 3
No unfortunately that phone was returned. But I only have 3 email addresses I could used and I've logged into 2 that had accts and the other didn't have an acct. The 2 accts that I had there are no pictures under either one.

Jay
Dropboxer
Have you ever shared a folder or file from that account? 

If so, try checking with the person you shared it to, so they can check which email address it came from.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Trimrut Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?